Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Renaissance Fest

This year's Ren Fest was way subdue than the past. I think it's because we went on a Sunday instead of a Saturday, and it wasn't around any big celebration weekend. As a matter of fact, the themed weekend when we were there was Roman Bacchanal, which I was wondering because I saw a ton of people wearing toga, and was wondering how that fit into the Renaissance times.

While my eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach, and I'm sure I would've love a Steak on a Stick or Sausage on a Stick (and those are David approved, more so than what I picked). I was walking around trying to find the Polish area because I really wanted the Gnocchi.

The ones they have were potato and mushroom gnocchi, guess that is to accommodate the vegetarians. But let me tell you, they packed the stuffing to the max. Every bite has some of the 'meat' in there.

Yes, they have funnel cakes, toasted almonds (which I bought a big bag of it), turkey leg, pizza. Oh yeah, tons of non-time compliant type of junk food that all fairs should have. While the fair season is now over, this should give you something to look forward to for next Fall.

Texas Renaissance Festival
21778 FM 1774
Todd Mission, TX 77363
(800) 458-3435
http://www.texrenfest.com/

No comments: