Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Samurai

The other day driving around killing time before my Zumba class, went down to Bissonnet pass the triangle. To my surprise the corner where Cici's pizza used to be is now an upsale looking Japanese restaurant.

Finally talked David into trying a new place. To our surprise, the space is big. There's a decent size for the dinning room with 2 private rooms. Then the entire side dedicated to teppanyaki.
The sushi is pretty fresh, I ordered loose pieces, which depends on what you get, individual pieces range about $1.75 - 2.50 depending on the type of seafood you get. And they have rolls that I haven't seen before. I ordered the Lion King, which had crab, avacado, cucumber and seared salmon with mayo on top.
Their standard rolls like California roll is a tad smaller than the ones we get at Osaka... totally spoiled, what can I say?!

The night we went there were not alot of customers, so the wait staff and sushi chef were very accommodating. I hope they do well in this mix area. They are situated between the nicer new stocco houses and the beginning of the ghetto. So, I hope they do well.

Samurai - Japanese Steak & Sushi
5317 Bissonett
Bellaire, TX 77401
t. 713.432.1858
http://samuraisteakandsushi.com/bellaire.html

No comments: