Monday, November 7, 2011

Azuma - Downtown

Some friends and I went to a concert in downtown Houston, so figured we can all settle on sushi. What perfect spot that Azuma. After being super impressed by the Sugarland location, and had a decent time at the Kirby location. Thought it's only fair to give the downtown location a try.

I definitely think my eyes were bigger than my stomach. The 1st photo was plantain with scallop. The scallops are raw, but obviously cleaned, which was pair with a sauce that is slightly spicy. Paired with the plantain, which I thought was strange, but the sweetness actually goes very well with the spice. It's on the special appetizer menu, go try that before it's gone.

The 2nd photo, albeit horrible lighting - sun had set by then, was the agedashi tofu. I know you can't tell, but it's a pretty standard fried tofu dish that you can get at most sushi places.

I love the hip and chic atmosphere of the place. The red decor and their long list of cocktails available is different appropriate to cater to the theater and party crowds. The service is spotty, if you get a very good server, I guarantee it makes a difference on your night.

Azuma - Downtown
909 Texas Street,
between Sambuca & Minuti Coffee shop
Houston, TX 77002
(O) 713-223-0909
http://www.azumarestaurant.com/

No comments: