Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Harlow's in Grand Palace

The only reason why people would go to Harlow's is because you just watched a movie or trying to get a drink before the movies, maybe because your chick dragged you to see the latest chick flick or a bunch of screaming kids is going to cry/scream/yell their way thru hour an a half and you're trying to numb yourself before going into battle. Otherwise, no one really out of the blues go to Harlow's.

Ok, maybe to take advantage of their valet parking, so you don't have to find a spot to park in the garage yourself, but other wise... urm... yeah.

My friends and I got done watching a movie and they needed a drink. Sure, I'm up for it. They ordered the hard stuff, which from what I gathered they were pretty watered down. I got a quesadilla so I have some solids to layer my stomach for the night.

The quesadilla was oily for not alot of stuff that needed to be oiled. The salsa was nice, and as far as bar food, it was not bad, but nothing to write home about either. Looking at other patrons' plates, their dishes are D&B style at best, and judging by their staff, it's as uninspiring as the people who made it. Let me put it this way, for the 6 slices you see there, I only finished 2 1/2 pieces of it. That's all I can take.

The service was just as you can expect from a place that's ran by teenagers. Either they're better or worst candidates from the movie theatre that it's attached to it. Their game room is nothing to brag about, and they do close at 9p. If you want real food, I recommend going behind the theatre and get some real stuff range from Korean to Italian. For real alcohol, you may have to go further down to Tony's or somewhere else, but Oporto is a wonderful wine bar, also behind the theatre.

Harlow's
3839 Weslayan,
Houston, TX. 77027
(713) 850-8555
http://www.harlowsrestaurants.com/

No comments: