Friday, December 30, 2011

The Sweet Bakery

So, while shopping in Sugarland, we grabbed some lunch at the Townsquare in Sugarland. After walking around and stuff, I came across the bakery. They of course have cupcakes, cake balls, and their own design of cakes that gives the Cake Boss a run for his money. Don't know how they tasted, but if they tasted as good as it looks, then it must be pretty good. But most important of all, they also sell macarons! Wohoo!
Their display is very cute and whimsical, not to mention, totally drawing me into what they have to sell me. I say thumbs up on that.
I got: Coconut, Pistachio, Rose, Chocolate and Mango... thought that'll be a different twist.
For sure, they didn't take the cheat like Sweet did, in that they didn't put jam in the middle, expose them without refrigeration and be all sticky and melted. TSB used buttercream and stucked them real good together.
The shell didn't break easily as I bite into it. The buttercream held them together, but the taste is missing something. Not quite sure what, but for $1.50, I expected to be more flavorful. If Petite Sweet can achieve it, that means it can be done... Just hard to measure up.


If you're a macaron-snob like me only want to best, that's ok. If you don't want macs from here, try out their cake balls and cupcakes. If you want a custom cake, check out their FB page, got tons of cute cakes they designed that makes me envy of the receiver.

The Sweet Bakery
Located in the Sugar Land Townsquare
2270 Lone Star Dr.
Sugar Land, TX 77479
281-302-5374
http://tsbcakes.com/locations.php

No comments: