Monday, December 5, 2011

Queen Vic Pub

When my college friend was coming thru town, she was asking where to go that's nice and hip and they won't kick us out. I overheard co-workers going to Queen Vic Pub, I was curious.

Their menu is heavily Indian food based. While I'm not amissed to the fact that the English has roots in India and their menu is heavily influenced, I would say there's more items Indian based than say Black Lab or Firkin & Phoenix.

I ordered the Royale with Cheese, which always remind me of Pulp Fiction. It is burger with gruyere cheese (my fav), a fried egg on top (it's covered here) and onion rings to boot. Honestly, I didn't need the fries with the gigantic onion rings, but I'll take what they give me. And yes, that was without buns.

They do have a large array of beer selections and hard liquor too. Beware that alot of the selections may be seasonal. So, don't be surprised if the beer menu changes from time to time. It does get busy and packed. If you need to find parking, the Animal clinic next door is available to park when they're closed. We park on the side street and just walked over. Otherwise, they do have valet on hand.

I saw that they got a pretty nice Happy Hour menu, which conincidentally the same time with the High Tea from 3-5p. Yes, I said high tea. Kinda odd for a pub to serve that, but it's a nice option.

Queen Vic Pub
2712 Richmood
(1 block west of Kirby Dr.)
Houston, Texas 77098
713 - 533 - 0022
http://www.thequeenvicpub.com

No comments: