Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Jeannine's Bistro

So when I realized that my Groupon was about to expired, I dragged David to go to use it. Previously, when I visited, it was tiny and small. Since then, they have taken over the unit next door and it is now much roomier than ever.
I ordered the curry mussel and it came with pomme frite. The Belgians eat them with mayo, but I'm too American for it. If you want to be a Canadian, just mix them up. Either way, they're nice and crispy.
For dessert, I love their Profiterole with the Belgian Chocolate sauce and Blue Bell ice cream. But this time, I got the Belle Pear, which has pear, Blue Bell Vanilla, whip cream (which I don't much care for because it gets in my way to the ice cream and pear), and a side of the Belgian Chocolate sauce, nice and warm, on the side. Needless to say, yummo!

This visit, the service wasn't as great as before. My previous experience at the smaller space, while it was packed to the gills and people were squeezing to get into the doors, the service and attention was much better than now. Also, they didn't have the off the menu specials to offer like they did before. Previous trip, they had lamb chop and veal to offer that was off menu. Just curious why they change? Those are pretty popular off-the-menu items.

Jeannine's Bistro
106 Westheimer Rd # E,
Houston, TX 77006-3332
(713) 874-0220
http://jeanninesbistro.com/

No comments: