Monday, February 20, 2012

Aka Sushi

If you ever want to get some good food, every weekend at Aka Sushi, they have happy hour all weekend long. That is pretty awesome because they have some great appetizers that they offer during Happy Hour but not during normal meal times. So, guess what? I went to town.

First off, (picture above) I ordered mussel. It is no different than the baked mussel you get at most sushi places. But doesn't mean that it doesn't taste good.
Takoyaki - octopus, teriyaki style. To be fair, I didn't know that they're going to give me the entire octopus. I was thinking mini calamari size, not an entire body full...
Unagi roll - it's literally that, eel in a roll.
Spicy tuna handroll.
Pork Belly - it comes in a little pot, and it was braised in a nice sauce with half an egg and bok choy. I will warn you that if you order this, it does take 15 minutes, and they mean it. So don't wait till last minute to order.

If you are going to catch Happy Hour, make sure you catch the off time because otherwise you'll be waiting even for the sushi bar.

Aka Sushi
2390 West Alabama Street
Houston, TX 77098
(713) 807-7875
http://www.akasushi.net/

No comments: