Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Chama Gaucha

So I've been hearing about Chama Gaucha from friends for a while. It has been described as Fogo de Chao lite. You get the meat, but less fancy and easier on the pocket.

It basically the same format: you sit down, get a card, green means bring me more meat, red side means stop bringing me food.
They have a decent spread at the salad bar, it not only have salads, it has cold cuts too. Just in case you want some thin slices before the real thing. Look at those monstrous size asparagus.
Alright, I'm weak, they have good cold cut and cheese, with little bit of caesar, and some potato salad, and tobuli.
While you wait for your meat, they bring you sides: polenta, mashed potato, and plantain (my fav).
This is my friend, Julia, ready for the server to cut her a slice.
My friend, Angie waiting for her turn.
To start: I had chicken wings, bacon wrapped pork (yes, pork on top of pork), a slice of their garlic beef, and parmesan pork. You wouldn't think that'll be good, but the taste of parmesan smoked out the pork and bring a salty-ness to the meat.
Here's some polenta.
Buddy, Fei Lynn waiting for her yummy meat.
Red sauce, that's a tad spicier than I'd like.
For dessert, they gave us a wide variety to choose from. I picked the papaya pudding. The GM suggested that we add a bit of the Cassis liquor. Twist my arm... sure. It does bring but the tropical flavors.
Julia got a key lime pie, which I didn't taste it, I just love how they decorated it.
I truly had enough... please stop bringing meat by... Had to be rolled out of there, I swear. Nah... but I was near stuffed, luckily, I practiced will power that night.

You'll be pleased to find out that alot of the servers that runs this placed used to work at Fogo, which means they are super polite, watches your table and make sure you're well taken care of. On top of that, they truly brings excellent service to you.

Also, when you sit down, they bring you these popovers, which are Brazilian bread. It is made out of parmesan and yuzu flour. I've never baked w/ yuzu flour before, but it sounded good and tasted good. My friend Julia swears that she saw them at Spec's 3 for $1. So, if you're in a pinch and wasn't ready for a full meal of meat, that's your alternative.

Chama Guacha
5865 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77057
(713) 244-9500
www.chamagaucha.com/

No comments: