Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tiny Boxwood's - Brunch

Girlfriends and I were going to brunch and they suggested Tiny Boxwood. I love the place because you really feel like it is a gem inside the neighborhood. Unfortunately, because of the area, it became more of a seen or be seen type of place instead of a fun hidden place in a beautiful setting.

We split everything, which is a good way to taste everything. We saw someone had bought a scone, and that made us drooled. So blueberry scone with nice flavors.
Steak and Egg pizza, which has blue cheese, steak chunk, and egg, sunny side up.
I wanted Migas because I missed it when I was in Austin. That's a big thing for me. It's much lighter on the salsa than I expected. Usually, migas are eggs, sausage, tortilla strips, cheese and salsa. I think I would like to see more salsa on my migas.
Lastly, this is a potato & egg pizza, sans cheese. It is a thin bread type pizza, but I still like the blue cheese better.

If you plan on coming for brunch, they serve up till 2pm. We got there about 1pm and there's a long line out the door and hardly any seating. They do discourage you holding the seat while part of your party is still waiting in line. That is nice and fair to others.

My suggestion, if you come here for brunch, come early. Or rather, bring your patience. You will need it, especially on a nice day.

Tiny Boxwoods
3600 West Alabama
Houston, Texas 77027
http://tinyboxwoods.com/

No comments: