Thursday, February 2, 2012

Kerby Lane Cafe

When I first visited Austin, one of my friend said migas in Austin is like hamberger anywhere else. They are so ubiquitious that almost no local place would exclude it from their menus. That I find to be true. Almost every restaurant you go, they would serve their version of migas. Since this is not exactly gluten free or paleo, I don't get to have it very often. But since we're at the Austin's true diner, I must have some.

This round, the migas wasn't as flavorful as I remembered them. Maybe they had an off day, or my tasted buds changed. It was more eggs and less cheese, which was also what makes it so good.
We ordered a single of cinnamon gluten free pancake, to try.
The other one we ordered a single of was the gingerbread gluten free pancake.

I missed Kerby Lane, I love that place. But true to Austin's fashion, it requires a wait, and when you're hungry that very moment and they ask you to wait for 25 mins, you would want to go somewhere else too. That said, the saying about it's worth waiting for is true. We've been to places that has no wait, and after you tasted their food, you'd know why. So, while you see people waiting outside the building is a good sign, make sure you don't wait till you're super hungry to go to the wait lane.

Kerby Lane Cafe (South)
3003 South Lamar Blvd.
Austin, TX 78704
512-445-4451
OPEN 24/7
http://www.kerbeylanecafe.com/

No comments: