Friday, February 10, 2012

Enoteca Macaron

So, on our quest for macarons in Austin, we attempted to go to La Patisserie to get our huge macarons. EXCEPT! They don't open on Mondays. Boys and Girls, remember that next time you're in Austin on a Monday, no macaron from La Patisserie for you!

What do we do? We checked Yelp of course. Since I've never been to Enoteca, that'd be the choice. They are located in the heart of SoCo, so if you want to go there, you'll have to be prepared for the hassle of parking or lack there of.
They have macarons for $1.80 each. And they do have a macaron box, five for $8. It's really a pretty box. Sadly, they don't have any, but the guy behind the counter was kind enough to cut me a deal. That works out great, I want those macarons, he knows I'll take whatever I can, why not make a deal out of it.

I have to say, the macs structurally sound. I will say none of them fell apart when you bite into it. No fillings melted on the car ride home. There were no stuck up owner that thinks they can be rude to you just because you're buying a couple of little macs. The flavors were there, the techniques were there. I highly recommend coming back. Buy some macarons and enjoy South Congress.


Enoteca Vespaio

1610 S Congress
Austin TX 78704
512.441.7672 ph
http://www.austinvespaio.com/enoteca/

No comments: