Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Beaver's Houston

So as a happy hour for our trainer, we took him to Beavers. I love how cheeky the place is. And their staff wears a shirt that said, 'It's South of Hooters'. It's just hilarious to me.

That said, their drinks menu means serious business. There's not one cocktail on there that isn't a true brilliant creation. Since I'm a light weight, I did very little drinking, but I did try the Bee's Elbow, it has gin, honey, grapefruit juice, and Lavender Tincture, have no idea what the last thing is, but it tasted good. I recommend that.

Of course, food has to be involve. I've heard alot about their smoked queso, so we ordered some. Perfect bar food. The queso was good, but wasn't as spectacular as people on Yelp were saying.
What was spectacular, were the wings. They had a mild and a spicy version, and to my surprised, I loved the spicy. It's nice and crispy and meaty to boot. I heart those wings.
Another 'must' I heard from people was their mac and cheese. It has a nice toasty layer on top, and it's all gooey inside. The cheese was a perfect marriage with the mac, just give me a tub of that.
We also got the 'Big Balls', where it's really boudin balls. It tasted good, but not as good as what comes next.
The dessert, the 'Beaver Balls', where it is brownie, held together by peanut butter, fried, with vanilla ice cream on top. OMG, that's just the best thing ever! It is rich and you do get filled up after one, but it's so great!

Our server was a snarky bartender, but it kinda added to the charm of the place. Besides bar food, they also have bigger dishes as well. Maybe I'll go back for that next round.

Beavers Houston
2310 Decatur Street,
Houston, TX 77007-7519
713-864-BEAV (713.864.2328)
http://BeaversHouston.com/

No comments: