Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blue Print Cleanse

I have been eyeing Blue Print Cleanse for quite some time now. I was totally thrilled to hear that a co-worker was doing it with her friends. Not only do I have some morale support, there's also a nice little discount code with a group.
So, it comes with 6 bottles. And they came all the way from NY, and you can pick up at Define Body in River Oaks. But they cannot stress enough how they want you to keep that refrigerated.
So Bottle 1 was Green (and has a kick). It is a mix of Romaine (I'm guess lettuce), celery, cucumber, apple, spinach, kale, parsley, lemon. It looks like alot of Green Monster/Superfood that you've seen at Whole Foods. What surprised me is that there's no lump, it's all juice. It goes down smooth, but afterwards you get this kick. Probably because I'm not a big fan of celery.

Bottle 2 was the P.A.M., which was Pineapple, Apple, Mint. I can do without the Mint part of it, which surprised me because I am a big fan of mint on any normal day. But it's not bad, on a good day, I would drink this.
Bottle 3 was the same as Bottle 1, needless to say, I wasn't exactly thrilled the repeat of that celery kick. Bleh!

Bottle 4 was the Spicy Lemonade. While I fully expected it to taste like the Lemonade Diet, where it has a strong after taste, it was a surprised that it goes down very smooth. And it's not until you fully swallowed then the cayenne pepper really burns your throat. EEK! At the very least you're not forced to drink this all day and burn you all day. Just one bottle out of 6.
Bottle 5 is C.A.B, which is Carrot, Apple, Beet, Lemon, and Ginger. My coworker was building me up to hate it because she really cannot stand it. I was so scared and afraid to do that. By the time I got to it, it wasn't as bad as I was led to expect. It again went down smooth, and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Would I have picked it out in the store? Probably not, but it doesn't taste as bad overall. Even though I'm not a big fan of beet.

Bottle 6 is what I've been looking forward the most. Cashew milk! It has Cashew, water, Vanilla, Cinnamon. It's definitely thick in texture and it does taste nutty and full bodied. It is filling for sure.
It comes in a neat little pouch that fits all 6 bottles. Since you have to refrigerate them, they do come in these insulated pouch. After you're done, you get to keep it as lunch bags, which is pretty nifty if you ask me.
How this works: you drink all of these in one day with no food. Granted, we are creatures of habits and you want to eat naturally. To be honest, I cheated, but not horribly. I only had fruits so that my mouth feels like it's eating.

I will say that I was never truly hungry. I was hungry in the morning and my tummy did growl at me, but I wasn't truly starving where I get that annoying headache. You are supposed to space these out at least an hour between and the last one you drink should be 2 hours before bedtime.

The overall day, you take in about 1100 calories, so in theory, you shouldn't be hungry. Just the idea of no food, does get your mind thinking about food. Just because you're so aware of no eating that you just want it more.

I will be truthful to you that they are very good at prepping you for this cleanse. There are different levels of cleanse, there are cleanse that you can do with food or with different days. I've done 2 days, and it does help get things moving. Not that I have trouble to begin with, but now that I've tried it I probably wouldn't mind revisiting in the future.

Go to their website and read everything. While that may sound excessive, they do give you tips from start to finish to maintenance that you want to know. They are really thoughtful and thorough about the entire process and their product. If the full cleanse is not for you, they have juice flights. Just as healthy. Keep in mind, when fruit and vegetable get juiced, they lost nutrients as days pass, so drink them fresh.

Blue Print Cleanse
http://blueprintcleanse.com/

No comments: