Monday, March 19, 2012

Olive Garden

After the city savenger hunt event I went to (and placed 3rd), my coworker and I decided to go to Olive Garden for some grub. Since the event doesn't start until lunch and you do run all around downtown for a good hour and a half while solving puzzles, food was the last thing on your mind.

When we got to Olive Garden around 3-ish, there was a long line of hungry people waiting. Wha? It's in the middle of the day, how can you guys be hungry? It's either a very late lunch or a very early dinner. And for us, it was a celebatory meal!

Yes, totally not clean eating... that is nothing but carb and who knows what else, but boy was it good. And their garlic bread? I've been hooked on those since high school, you can say we go way back.

They do have gluten free pastas and dishes. I had the spaghetti with meat sauce and tons of parmesan cheese. I don't dare get desserts there because that's just as slippery slope for me.

Amended to add:
We went to another City Scavenger hunt, and we totally know that we were smoked unlike the previous time. But we went to have a constellation meal nonetheless. This time, I was totally enticed by their promotion pictures, and I went for the fried! I was craving calamari and fried ravioli.

I was reminded how I graduated from Olive Garden to Macaroni Grill. Just the environment, the decor, and the food. You felt like certain ingredient are fresh in comparison, and I'm sure a few of you probably say, duh here. But you can tell the difference.

That said, we saw first hand how a server was being mistreated, and he handled it with poise, and just go along as though nothing had happened, and you are always reminded why bands and stand-up comics will say this: take care of your server and they will take care of you, because they are people too. Understand that you may have a bad day but doesn't mean it's ok to take it out on any server.

Olive Garden
9750 Katy Freeway,
Houston, TX 77055
Phone: (713) 973-6287
http://www.olivegarden.com/

No comments: