Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Uchi Houston - Happy Hour

So, my friend Julia of Travel with Flavor and my other friend Angie, went to check out Happy Hour at Uchi.


Though the menu is small, and the specials run 1.5hr long starting at 5pm. Even though that's early enough to avoid the dinner rush, I still would recommend to go for a reservation.

Machi Cure - yellow tail and yucca chip which amazingly goes well together. There's some sweetness from fruit, which was a surprise
Kakiage - sweet potato & onion fried cake, awesome dipping sauce
Eggplant Nigri - amazingly, just eggplant sushi is a great treat
Ham & Eggs - fried pork belly with egg yolk custard. You get to swirl thru the 3 sauces, my favorite is the mustard, don't ask me why, it went really well even though that's not my favorite condiment of choice.
Uchiviche - ceviche of salmon, bass, bell pepper, cilantro, and other spices. Personally, I'm not big on ceviche, so I don't feel one way or another.
Walu walu - cooked escolar with a sweet citrus taste, you have to eat it with the sauce
Bacon sen - pork belly on a stick? Sign me up!
Akame Ti - my favorite from Uchi! Tuna on top of compressed watermelon with dabs of Thai chili sauce on the side.
Suzuki Ringo - sea bass with apple and spices. By the way, this is how we know ringo means apple in Japanese
Brie Ringo - tempura-ed brie with apple on top, and sweet potato chips. Very warm and nice.
Scallop hotate midori - scallops with greens, it's very delicate.
Lemon Gelato - refreshing lemon gelato on top a bed of chopped pistachio with thin crisp that just go wonderfully together.


Are you drooling yet? Go make a reservation!


Uchi Houston

904 Westheimer

Houston, TX 77006

713.522.4808

open for dinner only

No comments: