Friday, March 9, 2012

Heart shaped macarons

For Valentine's day, I decided to make Heart Shape macarons. In the past when I did that I had free-handed it, which out comes the disastrous result after baked. This time, I wised up and use a template instead. Call me cheating all you want, but it turned out great. See, none of them held hands = stuck together.
Raised up nice and tall, just beeeautiful!
This is my swirl batch, it came out a tad stiff. Some of them piped out pretty and some a tad chunky, I haven't perfected the technique just yet.
The pink ones were just sad looking because my meringue was on the over whipped side, boo on that! I should've tap down the little peak in the corners. But the stuff in the middle got baked away, whew!
See, the pink ones, end result, was a tad oddly shaped.
The non-colored ones came out purdy! So perfect, so adorable! Yes, I'm tooting my own horn!
Look, look, it's flawless, you have feet and everything.
I can't say that about this one, but for all intensive purpose, it tasted great and soft. May not have the visual appeal but still yummy.

No comments: