Friday, March 16, 2012

Swirl Macaron

If you are lucky enough to be in Paris or NYC, March 20th is Macaron Day. Don't say that I didn't give you enough notice, plan your day accordingly. Go around those cities and taste the wonderful macarons. This year's proceed in Paris will be going to Autistic Without Borders. In New York, their proceed will be going to City Harvest. Go, if you are around there.

I've been secretly want to do another swirl mac for a long time. I got these flavoring a while back, and been itching to use them.
Yep, we have raspberry & coffee. I don't know why I don't have coffee sooner, because that's such an obvious flavor.
So the thing about making swirl macs is that you have to have 2 batches. Honestly, people can set aside a small bit aside to do designs on top of the shells. But to do swirls, it works better if you have two sizable batches to mix.
I only did 2 colors here, but here Macaron Fetish has a 4 colored swirl mac instructions there.
For some reason, the swirl macs are taller than the normal ones. So weird, not sure why, but they still tasted good.

No comments: