Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Vietopia

For some more 'upscale' Vietnamese food, we go to Vietopia. Just convenient, especially when Paciugo is right next door.

I had missed not having spring roll, so we ordered spring roll with pieces of charcoal grilled beef, dipped in fish sauce.
That night it was cool and I was craving for Pho Tai, just wanted some vermicelli noodles and soup, the beef is very tasty. My thing is that they like to give you a side of veggies, I dump more than half of my plate in there. Let's see, they have sprouts, lettuce, mint, lime and pepper. Sprouts and wee bit of lettuce definitely do it for me.

I call this upperty because they charge over $7 for a bowl of pho. You will find alot of the ones in midtown, don't charge you more than $5. I understand because of their locations, they need to pay rent, but that's high for a bowl of noodles with beef.

That said, their food isn't bad, honest. I liked their food ok, they are good for a quick in a hurry bite, not the true neighborhood feel. I can't say that $7 is worth it or not because I wanted a bowl of soup and I got it, so besides supplies and demand, it's also timing and laziness (on my part).

Vietopia
5176 Buffalo Speedway
Houston, TX 77005
713-664-7303
http://vietopiarestaurant.com/

No comments: