Monday, March 12, 2012

House of Pies

You know, one thing that you can always count on is the 24 hr House of Pies will serve their breakfast the same at 10am as they do at 2am. And what the heck throw in a slice of pie while you're at it.

My go-to breakfast is the Corn Beef Hash with eggs, sunny side of course. It comes with either a side of cottage fries (aka tator tots) or side of potato (diced). I like how they basically cooked the corn beef hash so that it has this red crust on top, not exactly burnt, but it is crisp for sure. There's not much science behind the tator tots, but there is a science to their decaf. No matter what, as long as the decaf is fresh brewed, I only have to add a small amount of sugar, and it taste perfect. It reminds me alot of the diner coffee, not smoked but has a nice hint of nut in there.

That said, do come back for a slice of pie. My personally favorites are Piping Apple and Chocolate Bavarian Banana. I don't turn down any pie, to be honest, but if it's up to me, that's what I'll say, ask me again and I'll say the same.

House of Pies
3112 Kirby Dr.
Houston, TX
713-528-3816
http://www.houseofpies.com/

No comments: