Monday, November 19, 2012

Cafe Lili

One of my friend's favorite place to go in the Galleria area is Cafe Lili.  It is a true mom and pop store, and you can feel the love when you walk into the door.
For starter, I ordered the stuffed grape leaves, it is stuffed with ground beef and rice.  It's definitely thinner and longer than I'm used to from Nikos & Droubi's, where it's thicker and more meat and rice.
I ordered the Beef Kabob Salad.  The meat was dry, and you can tell that it's been microwaved.  It was drenched in vinaigrette on a bed of lettuce.  Actually a mount of lettuce...  
My friend ordered the Rice Pudding, I took a couple bites, it has pistachio as you can see on top here.  It also have a hint of lavender in there with rice.  It was nice, but I wasted my calories on the salad... :(

It's actually not bad, I think I would've had better luck with the fatoush salad, but you can tell when something is microwaved when parts of it is not warmed all the way.  It's like watching Gordon Ramsey yelling at people on Kitchen Impossible that they shouldn't microwave because it doesn't take much time to cook.

Cafe Lili's
5757 Westheimer, ste 112
Houston, TX 77057
713-952-6969
http://www.cafelili.com/

No comments: