Friday, November 2, 2012

SLT - Fall Macaron Class

I was jonesing for another macaron class for a while, so totally thrilled to go back again.
This was also with my favorite instructor, Courtney.  It's been a while since I've seen her, and she's super awesome to learn from her.
I know I'm a total teacher-stalker, but every time I go to her class, I learn something.  
Like you sift the dry ingredients to give it air and make it finer, and if you sift it twice it'll make the best results.
We did Vanilla macaron with praline buttercream, chocolate macaron with pistachio buttercream, and cinnamon macaron with coffee buttercream.
Their new revamped chocolate macaron recipe obviously wasn't good enough to be normal macaron.
You can see the difference.  The holes in the chocolate ones and look at the normal ones, they're perfect!
This is a mix of Cinnamon with coffee cream 
Vanilla with Praline buttercream
Chocolate and Pistachio buttercream
Look how perfect they are... drool!  One of the tips I have learned that you mix boiled sugar and yolk immediately because otherwise it'll cooked the yolks.
Look perfect and of course...
Perfect pied of course... lovely. YUM!
Just more pictures for you to drool with me.  One trick I learned to clean a caramel sauce pan is to put water in and boil and it'll cook off the sugar that's stuck in the pan.
Best part of course is mix and match the flavors...

Of course, I've ate alot of macarons, that's part of the deal.  And yes I've become the recipe collector, and I think the coffee buttercream and the cinnamon macaron is a hit.  We'll definitely will re-make that at home.

Sur La Table
1996 West Gray 
Houston, Texas 77019 
713-533-0959
http://www.surlatable.com/browse/storeCalendar.jsp?storeId=014

No comments: