Friday, November 23, 2012

Italian Meringue - Macaron

I'm still pretty new to the Italian method, so nothing else, practice, practice, practice!
What I don't like is that you have to get the sugar going and whip your eggs at the same time.  You have to get the temp to about 121 degrees.
You have to slow whip the egg whites, while the sugar is being cooked.  I don't quite like that, because I can't really tell if I'm over whipping the egg white.
You pour the cooked sugar quickly and continue to whip on higher speed.  
Meanwhile, the dry ingredient are what they called TPT (tant pour tant = one to one).  And you drop in the eggs and make it into paste, while the eggs are being whipped on the other end.

Then you're ready to pipe.
I put cocoa powder on top... just for kicks.
Some of them dried up and cracked.  ::Sad Face::
So this is supposed to be S'more Macarons!  I put 50g of gluten free graham crackers in the dry ingredient, and you have the caster sugar and icing sugar and of course almond flour.
For the filling, I melted some marshmallow and pipped it in the middle, but doesn't turn out as pretty or as tasty.  Turns out that the marshmallow fluff is actually tastier and easier to put on the macs.  So, learn it from me.

No comments: