Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Roost

Friends had suggested to go to Roost, and since I've never been, I'm always looking for something to try.
Cute business cards... very adorable.
They're very proud of their farm to table restaurant.  The place is small so if you are going to have a sizable dinner party, highly recommend you call ahead and make a reservation.  
Grilled White fish with bed of veggie.  I would say that it sounded good from the menu, but the flavors aren't as full as I'd thought it'd be.  

I did have a few bites on the cauliflower, and it was pretty good.  I do recommend that.
For dessert, we shared the sticky banana pudding.   It was nice, but it was super rich, and I am a super sweet tooth.  Couple bites I was already waving the white flag.

Parking situation is a bit tough because they are in the middle of the neighborhood.  Watch out for the no parking signs and of course respect the neighbors.   But if you're early enough, you may be able to snatch a spot right in front.

Roost
1972 Fairview Street 
Houston, TX 77019
(713) 523-7667
no website

No comments: