Thursday, October 3, 2013

Osaka

Now that I can eat sushi, I'm coming back with a vengeance...  Nah, mostly just making up for lost time, is all.
Here we have 2 spicy salmon roll, spicy tuna roll, and a Squid/Masago/Obi roll.  Not quite sure what Obi is, but the roll was a tad unusual in that, they have lettuce in the middle.  I'm not used to having lettuce in the middle of a roll, the taste is off compare to the remainder of the flavor.  It's not bad, necessarily, just off.

At Osaka, we like their rolls.  They're willing to custom make something for you.  Of course, try to catch them during non-peak times, they're more accommodating.
Since I am making up for loss times, I also got the Salmon Sushi and Chopped Scallop, one of my stables at any sushi restaurant.

Don't forget, when you go to Osaka, you are always offered free appetizer and when you pay your bill, they offer you free ice cream with a fried banana.  Nice deal?  Hmm... you do pay for it.  The price of nigiri is higher here than at Kata, and not that the quality of fish is bad at Osaka, but you know that the fish is fresh and sometimes non-frozen at Kata.  The prices at Osaka is definitely pricing themselves amongst the big boys.  Is it worth it?  Sometimes, I like the Chef at Osaka and he does have great skills.  He used to study under a real Japanese Sushi Chef when he was a young man, so I give him great respect for that.  I would still, however, go to Kata for the freshness, availability, creativity, and skills there.

Osaka
4001 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX 77025
713-838-9812

No comments: