Monday, February 3, 2014

BRC

Went to BRC for brunch with a friend who has never been.  I think you're missing out if you don't go give them a shot.
 First of all, if you go early brunch, you're guaranteed to have a great table and a great parking spot.  Of course, that is usually before any sports game begin, and you get to enjoy good food before the bar gets crowded, and it does get crowded.
 First off, they are known for their cheddar biscuit and bacon jam.  I think the other is chipotle pimento, but don't quote me on the last part.  All I can say is that when you put all 3 together, it is to die for.
To carb up some more, I had the 'off the menu' mac and cheese.  As you can see, there's the 2 eggs on top, mac and cheese in the middle.  Middle?  You asked.  Yes, middle; because at the bottom is a layer of sausage and potato.  Talk about a condensed little dish.  Honestly, the combo is so rich that I was only able to finish half of it.  As the manager said in passing, they'd be surprised if I can finish the entire thing.  Guess that's a common occurrence.

BRC GastroPub
519 Shepherd Dr.
Houston, TX 77007
713-861-2233
http://www.brcgastropub.com/

No comments: