Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Kata Robata

My friends and I met up for a birthday dinner at Kata
We happened to catch the tail end of happy hour, and of course you want to take advantage of it.
From the Happy Hour Menu, I got the spicy salmon roll.
The pork belly buns with cabbage slaw.  The pork is nicely braised and marinated, if it's not because there's more food coming, I think we'd stick with this.
Chicken Karaage, I tell my friends that this is like the chicken nuggets Japanese style.  The bottom layer is some sort of hummus type texture, which goes very well with the crispy fried chicken.
Then my friend and I shared the Amberjack with Fois Gras.  I don't think she enjoyed it as much as I did.  I like to wrap the fois gras with the thin slices of amberjack, and swirl it with the sauce and nuts.  So good in one bite!
I got 2 pieces of chopped scallops and 2 pieces of yellowtail, nice and fresh.
This is my first time trying the Toro and Short Ribs roll.  The tuna is wrapped in the middle and the rib is on top.  I will say that since I had so much before, I didn't get a chance to truly enjoy this.  This is really good, between the marinate of the ribs and the fat of the tuna is really a good combo.  If you get a chance, make this a focus.  Definitely worth it.

Don't forget, for dinner, definitely make a reservation, they do fill up fast.

Kata Robata
3600 Kirby St
Ste H
Houston, TX 77098
713-526-8858
http://www.katarobata.com/

No comments: