Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Mkt Bar

Went to catch dinner before a show at Mkt Bar.
I've been to the Phoenician market, but truthfully have never sat at Mkt Bar proper for a meal.
Pretty good menu, a little bit for everyone.  I started with a glass of Moscato d'Asti.
Yummy plantain chips with chimichurri and mango salsa.  The salsa is actually pretty tasty, so I was munching on that because of the dips.  Yummo!
On the menu, the Lamb taco jumped out at me, so figured it cannot go wrong.  Well, bits of the lamb were chewier than others.  To me, it's basically a lamb gyro but with tortilla instead of pita.  Don't get me wrong just as filling, as a matter of fact, the second one I treated it liked a salad, because just don't have room for both.

As far as service goes, they are pretty attentive, except if you sit at the side where some seats were shared with other patrons from the grocery part of the store instead of the restaurant.  That to me seems to be an overflow.  They do try to stop by and check on us, I'll give them that, but since we're out of sight, easily out of mind.  Luckily, the food made up for it.  Can't wait to go back.

If you're hesitant because of the parking, as patron of the restaurant, you can to park at the garage at the designated spots for free.  Or, do what we do, park elsewhere, and take a nice stroll.

Mkt Bar
1001 Austin Street
Houston, TX 77010
832-360-2222x112
http://mktbar.com






No comments: