Thursday, April 19, 2018

Aka

Went back to Aka for lunch this round.
By the way, when the sign on the door said they're not open until 12 noon, they really meant it.  Not even 1 minute earlier.  Nope, don't even dare think about it.
Lunch came with salad and miso.  I got the ginger dressing for the salad... it was a tad watery.
Got my favorite agedashi tofu.  LOVE!
This is their version of Chirashi.  I love Chirashi, just because you get all assortment of fish and on a bed of rice.  So you basically getting a variety of sushi deconstructed.  As you can see, they don't skim.  There are octopus, eel, crab, tuna, salmon, yellowtail just to name a few.

It's a small bowl but pack a big punch.  Unlike normal sushi (nigiri) where you get hungry after 30 minutes.  This lasted me for a good while.  Talk about yummy, price-worthy, and filling!

We never had issue with service here, but one thing I do felt like needed to be said.  I get that server needs a smoke break every now and then.  But would highly suggest not to do it by the front door where your customers can see you.  Don't they have a back parking or something?  That just makes me double think about my food, since they have to handle it too.  Hmm...

Aka Sushi House
2390 W. Alabama
Houston, TX 
713-807-7875
http://akasushi.net

No comments: