Thursday, April 26, 2018

Osaka

Went to grab a quick lunch at Osaka.
I always have to remember not to order too much food because they give you the freebies... this one is fried potstickers with pork inside.
This is the Dana Roll, which has yellowtail, salmon, tamago (egg), jalapeño, onion, all tempura-ed and has eel sauce and spicy mayo on top and sprinkled with caviar (masago).  I was trying things out on a whim, and this turned out to be an very happy accident.  

It is delicious, packed with fish and egg, jalapeño wasn't strong, and the flavor from the spicy mayo and eel sauce were just right.  I quite like this roll.
This is the O-Two roll:
which is basically California Roll topped with cooked scallop.  This wasn't as good as I had imagined it to be.  I was hoping the sauce to be thicker and not so thin.  I had such a great first roll, that the second roll fell short.

Don't forget when you pay the bill, they'll offer you some ice cream, so don't over eat like I did.  I was kinda sad to miss out on my red bean ice cream.

Osaka Japanese Restaurant
4001 Bellaire Blvd
Suite J
Houston, TX 25
713-838-9812
http://osakahouston.com

No comments: