Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Agu - not ramen this time

After going to Agu's event last time, they gave us a coupon to come back.  So come back, I did. 
Got me a Gyoza, pretty yummy.  
This is the Rafute Rice Bowl, which is a fancy word for Pork Belly Rice.  To my surprise, they have a huge piece of pork belly on top of a bed of rice.  That said, the pork was too dry and it was hard to tear apart, so much so that the server asked if I wanted knife and fork.  But no one observed that if I needed to use knife and fork, maybe it's too dry?  Anyway, by looks, I'd thought there'll be more marinate to soften it.  Or at lease the fat cooked to break it down.  But I was wrong.

I wouldn't say that I wouldn't order this again.  But I wanted to see besides noodles, which they do well, what else they'd do well.  Luckily, I had the gyoza to fill my tummy.

That said, they do have a lunch menu with lunch sets that has an appetizer, entree for $10 -14.  Totally worth checking out.  Next time I think I'll stick with my gut and do a curry rice.

Agu Ramen
2130 Lone Star Dr
Sugar Land, TX 77479
713-588-5601
http://www.aguramen.com


No comments: