Thursday, July 26, 2018

Bubble Egg

Been meaning to try Bubble Egg a while now. 
Everytime I want to go there, it's usually after I stuffed my face silly, then realized I should've left room for dessert.  Today, I finally remembered to save room.

Since I'm sharing the dessert with the little dude I didn't go too fancy like their pre-suggested cones.  So instead, I chose the Hong Kong styled egg waffle, which they used as a ice cream cone.  A scoop of Chocolate ice Cream and called it a day.

Otherwise, you can choose the base of original, matcha (green tea), or chocolate.  They even let you pick filling inside the waffle.  It's a relatively new thing in Hong Kong to do that.  But in Japan, they've been doing that in various waffle street food (i.e. Taiyaki).  Then, you pick your ice cream, they have about 10 to choose from.  Last but not least, topping... yes, topping.  Which you can do fruits and nuts.  Fruits they have 3 to choose from and nuts they have 5 to choose from, and oh, would you like to top off with a pocky stick too?  Erm yeah!

So, it is definitely a great Instagrammable food, the issue is the execution of eating the food.  Towards the bottom, your waffle is soaked and wet and your mouth can't get caught up, and everything is dripping every where.  There's really no polite way of eating this, so be prepared.  That said, it definitely should be experienced.

Bubble Egg
9188 Bellaire Blvd
Ste B
Houston, TX 77036
281-888-4135

No comments: