Thursday, June 20, 2013

Kubo's Cafe

Since I was in the neighborhood, I finally got a chance to try their noodles.
If you're wondering why I said that, it's because last time we found out they only serve it on weekends or after 5pm during weeknights.  
 Alas, Tonkotsu noodles!  Oh yes, it shall be mine!

Here's my take on the dish: the noodle is bouncier than the others I've tried.  Is bouncier used as adjective for food acceptable?  It doesn't taste bad at all, it just bouncy.  The soup isn't that notable, I would venture to say a tad bland.  The pork, however, is very good.  I highly suggest you pay the $1.50 extra for the extra pork.  Totally worth it.  

You can also add extra topping or egg for a surcharge.  
 For dessert, I got the mochi set.  It came with green tea, strawberry, and chocolate.  The strawberry was not that great, but the others are yummy.  Granted, I know it came out of a box, there's no one in Houston make these by hand, but it's a nice treat once in a while.

I definitely will be back to try their Tokyo Shoyu Ramen, it uses soy flavor for soup, they also have just Miso Ramen.  

Kubo's Cafe
9889 Bellaire Blvd
Suite 234
Houston,TX 77036
713.995.4200 
http://www.kubos-sushi.com/kubos_cafe/index.html


No comments: