Monday, March 10, 2014

Hong Kong's Cafe

For afternoon tea at Hong Kong's Cafe, you can also do a set for less than $6.
Again, reminding everyone that they only accept cash.
The set includes drinks: I got the iced lemon tea, which is brewed with Lipton red tea and syrup added for taste.
Curry Fish Balls (insert laugh here), is not part of the tea set.  I just got it because I was feeling nostalgic.
I got the 'French' Toast, it is battered Texas toast, with a slice of butter and of course you put syrup on top.  It's a beautiful thing when everything melted together.  Delicious!  I was telling mom that I remember one place in Hong Kong would put peanut butter in the middle of the sandwich before battering it up and frying it.  Hmm... I'm drooling just thinking about it.
As part of the tea set, a fried chicken wing.  Hot off the fryer.  Delicious.  

Afternoon tea is usually between 2-4p, 3-ish is the popular time.  So time your meals accordingly so you can enjoy the tea.

Hong Kong's Cafe
9108 Bellaire Blvd
Ste A
Houston, TX 
713-772-9633

No comments: