Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tiny No. 5

Met up with a friend for a quick brunch, and ended up at Tiny No. 5.
I ordered an Orange Julia.  Not quite sure what it is, but it's super nice and refreshing on a muggy day.
I was super hungry so I ordered a slice of blueberry, lemon, thyme loaf.  Honestly, I like how the lemon balanced out the blueberry by adding some zing.  But not quite sure what the purpose of the thyme in the loaf.  Either way, it was good.  Light and fluffy.
I haven't had their breakfast pizza for a while, so it was nice to order one.  I forgot how filling they are, and of course, with the loaf, it was very filling.  The pizza has smoked salmon, goat cheese, egg, and hollandaise sauce.  I could've use more egg all around.  But, it's nice with the cheese and salmon.  Definitely wouldn't mind having it again.

As usual, going to Tiny No. 5, you think you're hitting a neighborhood joint and quick, fast, and easy.  Not so much during prime time.  The parking is so severe that they've hired a cop to direct traffic.  You can park on the street, just make sure you obey the signs. 

Tiny No. 5
3636 Rice Blvd
Houston, TX 77005
713-664-0141
http://tinyboxwoods.com/tinys_no5/home.html

No comments: