Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Common Bond

I had heard alot about Common Bond during the soft opening phrase.  But since I also heard about the line, I decided to wait it out.  
Currently, their hours are Monday - Friday 7am -7pm and Saturday/Sunday opens from 9am - 7pm.  Keep in mind that the kitchen closes at 3pm.
See, no line!  That is on a weekday, or if you caught a lull.  But that's alot of delicious looking pastry.
I love their packaging, so hip and mod.
Here's 2 chocolate croissant.  Their box fit the 2 croissant perfectly.
This is a kugelhopf, which is an Austrian pastry.  
I don't know what it is, but it is delicious.  Every bit has fruit taste to it.  It has raisin in the bread and the top has citrus jam in the hole.  It all makes a perfect harmony of deliciousness. 

I know they do offer other cooked savory dishes for breakfast, brunch and lunch.  And I again recommend people to go during the week if they can swing it.  Otherwise, if you go during the weekend, if you are trying to catch the kitchen, I suggest you bring your patience.  I have friends who waited 40 minutes.  In this heat, that may not be a good idea.  

Now, for the neighborhood, parking can be a challenge.  Between 4 coffee places in the same corner, antique stores nearby, to say parking is scarce is an understatement.  They do have their own parking lot behind the building.  But if you can park on the street and walk over, I encourage that, this way you can zip in and out easier than being stuck in the small lot.

Common Bond
1706 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77098
713-529-3535
http://wearecommonbond.com/

No comments: