Monday, June 9, 2014

Sweet Paris

Early Saturday breakfast is actually pretty hard to find.  So we went down to the Village and tried out luck.  Luckily, Sweet Paris opens at 8am.  I love going there so early because parking anywhere is easy and you're always guaranteed to have a great spot.
On to the food!  I had the Croque Madame, which ingredients always sells me on the spot.  It has scrambled eggs, ham, gruyere cheese and tops with béchamel sauce.  I love the idea of all of those things together, and that's where they sell me and win every time.  

My biggest issue is with the batter.  Not sure if it's because we're early or what, while it is definitely fresh, the batter wasn't even.  That I can deal with but when you stuff so much food underneath the blanket of crepe, the uneven batter became a challenge to cut thru.  All of the ingredients mix well, but the crepe doesn't seemed to be doing well.  

Not to mention, the staff was having some sort of issues that morning.  Someone was late and the supervisor wasn't keeping his cool and venting to another staff member.  As though, he forgot that we were standing there.  Yes, looking at the menu, but we weren't exactly invisible.  I may need to find another crepe place...  That is sad because I've heard great things about their catering service.

Sweet Paris
2420 Rice Blvd
Houston, TX 77005
713-360-6266
http://www.sweetparis.com/#welcome

No comments: