Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Prego Houston

Was in the Village for a quick lunch...
 Stopped into Prego for lunch.   It has literally been years since I've been there.  I got the Pollo salad, I remembered how good it was before.  I liked it because it has candied walnut, pear, gorgonzola cheese, endive, and most importantly, warmed chicken.  That salad was good the first time I tasted it then and good this is now.  The whole combo, for some reason just works so well.  I highly recommend it.  Even if you're not a salad person, this is the one to try. 

I forgot that on a Sunday it's so nice and relax there and they even have live guitarist providing mood music.  So, once you walk in, you don't have to worry about that hectic parking lot outside.  The service is also class act, since I was dining alone, my server came by to check in on me and also know to give me my space.  Got my order in, made sure the food gets there quickly, and when I needed, he got me my check and get me out with no wait despite his other tables.  

Prego
2520 Amherst
Houston, TX 
713-529-2420
http://prego-houston.com/

No comments: