Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Cousins Maine Lobster Truck

Fridays during Lent, have to find something yummy yet non-meat... luckily I found this food truck by the office.
I've actually never heard of them before, but looking at their site, they have anywhere 3-4 trucks across the city on a regular basis.  Really cover the town.
Didn't realized they've been on so many TV shows, including Shark Tank.
I got the messy oogy, Lobster Tots.  Obviously tater tots with Maine Lobster, pico de gallo, and cilantro lime sauce all over.  It has a little spice, a little crunchy, and a lot of lobster meat.  I was pretty happy with the amount of lobster meat they have on there.  Generous enough that I felt like I paid for my lobster.
I also got the Lobster Bisque.  It's a little thicker than I'd like.  I like it to be less thick and less on the corn starch because as some point, it became chunky.  The meat was decent enough for the soup, no complaint there, but less thickener would've been great.

While I was in line, I was talking to a guy who said he had to chase down the truck.  So, if he sees it, he'll stop and order something to go.  Another person drove from Downtown to Galleria area just for a Lobster Roll.  And speaking of Lobster Rolls, there's one for Maine and one for Connecticut.  Basically the Maine style is served chilled and the Connecticut style is served warmed.  Both sounds great, yes please!

Overall, the price totally justify the quality of the product.  I'm quite happy with what they serve.  Can't wait till summer and see what's in the Lobster Ice Cream.  That'll be interesting.  Check their site to see where they're serving.

Cousins Maine Lobster Truck
http://www.cousinsmainelobster.com/houston/

No comments: