Monday, January 9, 2017

Osaka

It's been a while since I've been back to Osaka, not by design, and I've actually been back since, just didn't post about it.
As usual, they give you complimentary starters.  This is tempura bell pepper and fish cake.
Shumai - pretty sure it's from frozen.
Dragon roll - spicy tuna inside, topped with salmon and avocado.  Yum, yum!
Chopped scallop and tuna.  The Tuna was actually pretty fresh, which I can always appreciate.
Unagi - which you can't really go wrong.  It's nicely cooked all hot and sweet.  Just how I like it.

At first, when I walked in, I was a wee tad worried because the sushi chef is not the same guy I know.  And you don't know if both of the sushi chefs are veterans or not.  Luckily, looks like one guys is the ringer and the other can do the basic rolls and still learning a few things.  Totally rest easy on that.  Since it was super cold, we forego the complimentary ice cream after the meal.  Plus, we were super stuffed by the time we ate all that, can't even fit in the ice cream if we wanted to.

Osaka
4001 Bellaire Blvd
Suite J
Houston, TX 77025
713-838-9812
http://osakahouston.com

No comments: