Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Grotto

Went to Grotto for a work dinner.
We did the antipasto mix: mussel, calamari, shrimp scampi, crab legs.
Second plate, cold cut, mozzarella, olive, feta, shrimp.  Great plates to share.
I got the Veal San Pietro, loved the veal, loved the wine sauce.  The spinach, is well... spinach.  The little triangle potato-like carb, was no taste at all.  I had one bite and abandoned the cause.  Rather saved the calories for...
Tiramisu.... so yummy.  This is the real deal.  Also should be shared instead of me hoarding it all.  I couldn't finish it and felt like I had disappointed the cause.  That said, you can really tell the lady fingers were soaked with rich coffee.  The mascarpone in between the layers were not too rich and you don't feel like you're going to sink eating it.  That said, I had tons of food, and that's why I couldn't finish... otherwise, I would have.

Grotto
4715 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77027
713-622-3663
http://www.grottorestaurants.com/locations/houston.asp#

No comments: