Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Rise No.2

Met up with the girls for a weekend lunch.
Ended up at Rise.
Since the glass is dark and you can't really tell, but that's Limeade in there.  It was fresh for sure, I was puckering.
A MUST for me, the Marshmallow Soup.  Every time I come here, I tell myself, I should really try their Onion Soup, which I understand has an equally popular vote, but since it's not like they offer Marshmallow Soup everywhere, just have to have it.  Plus the cheese stick goes so well with the soup, not to be missed.

Just to clarify, they call it Marshmallow Soup because of the little cheese souffle came out like marshmallow, no real marshmallow was used in making of this soup.  It is essentially tomato basil soup, with these cheese souffle on top.
I'd figured to go easy on the entree, and do the Nicoise Salad, which is the French version of the Seared Ahi Tuna Salad.  The dressing is pretty good, not to over-empowering, and there's actually plenty of tuna to go around.  Don't underestimate the dish, by looks, it doesn't seem much, but it's actually a lot of food there.
Of course, big perk of coming here is the dessert.  Here's the before...
Here's the after, we pour the chocolate sauce, of course.  So that you know, if you don't like too sweet, definitely can do it to your liking.  My advice, however, since it is pretty dry in the middle, pour the sauce!  You won't regret it, I promise!

I always enjoy coming here, the service is great, and there's so many attention to details in each and everything there.  The dishes are made specifically to this location, the staff came and checked on us but not too intrusive.  Everyone from the hostess to the person refilling our water was friendly.  No complaint.

Rise No.2
1700 Post Oak Blvd
Ste 290
Houston, TX 77056
713-850-7473
http://www.risesouffle.com

No comments: