Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Yokushi Robata

Went back to Yokushi for a late lunch/early dinner.
I like going in between shifts, you tend to get the best service.  Now granted, they open around 2p, so it's not exactly hitting busy lunch hour here.
Got an Iced Green Tea.  I love these Japanese canned drinks, the weight of the can is so different than the ones in US... as though they use real aluminum for their drinks.
Just because I was hungry, grabbed the Takoyaki, which is pancake-like battered, cooked in the container that shapes like a ball, and before they cook it all the way, they add chunks of squid in there.  This one they topped it with the fish shaving, and the side it's think soy sauce with mayo.  Not a big fan of mayo in general, but I won't say no to the soy sauce.
Came here for a quick ramen.  I got the Shoyu Ramen.  As expected, they used Sun Noodles, which is most where every ramen shop uses unless they make their own, (which to my knowledge, so far are done by Samurai & Tiger Den).  That said, the soup/broth is nice and thick, wish it'd be creamier.  There are plenty of scallion, mushroom.  The pork does fall apart, but you can also tell that everything was cooked separately.  It's rare that they give you a full egg anymore, and they do here.  It was cooked the 60degree way, which I was grateful for.

I think for a quickie lunch, this is pretty good.  Not asking for too much, just something decent and good and doesn't make me feel like I wasted my calories.  This did the trick.  Plus the service and the other food, this is a great place to go for a variety of food.

Yokushi Robata
3837 Richmond Ave
Houston, TX 77027
832-933-6888
http://www.yokushirobata.com/menu

No comments: