Monday, September 18, 2017

Snooze

Rare occasions that I get my act together and get out of the house early enough to go to Snooze on a weekend.
Remember, the park space out front is limited, please respect the signs.  We just don't even try and park down the street.  The weather is nice enough for a stroll.
Not knowing my luck, I arrived on Bacon Day... what a wonderful day indeed!
So, what did I get.  I like coming here to get the pancake flight, which is really good for those who are noncommittal types, you get to try them all.  So, pick wisely.  I got (L to R): pineapple upside down pancake, still good.  As good as I remembered it to be.  Real chunks of pineapple every bite.  It has creme anglaise on top with cinnamon butter.  Surprisingly not as sweet as it sounds and if the pineapple ever have any sour taste, it definitely cuts it.

Middle one is the Blueberry Danish Pancake, which is topped with sweet cream and almond streusel and lemon cream cheese filing.  It does have a bit of sour, that's from the cream cheese.  You can just mix it all up, and it neutralizes everything.

Lastly, the right one is the one from Bacon Day.  It is pancake with a whole in the middle and has little bits of bacon all over.  The trouble is that the drizzled too much of the sweet cream cheese sauce, it was a tad more sour between my last pancake's after taste and this.  The bacon is just like more butter than your normal dish, but they also give you the cinnamon sauce, which I dip a bit, it's good on it's own, but not sure about the combo.  I was actually very much looking forward to this, but can't say that I'll recommend it.  It's ok, it's a special created for Bacon Day, maybe it'll show up in a different special occasion.

Snooze - An A.M. Eatery
3217 Montrose Blvd
Ste 1000
Houston, TX 77006
713-574-6655
http://snoozeeatery.com/locations/montrose/



No comments: