Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Snooze an A.M. Eatery

Finally got to go to Snooze, an A.M. Eatery.
Since I was by myself, sitting at the bar was perfect.
Even their glasses have their little star.  If you drink to the bottom of the coffee mug, there's a star too.
So, I got the pancake flight.  Who knew there's such a thing?!  And it's awesome!  I have here... pineapple upside down pancake, blueberry pancake, and peach pie pancake.   So, I was surprised that I loved the pineapple one more than the peach one, which I normally like.  The blueberry is actually not as flavorful as I'd thought it'd be.  Not to underestimate, but the 3 pancake flight is actually a lot of food, unlike an order of short stack.
I also got a side of bacon, which is awesome. 

So on the weekend, forget about going after 9a.m. unless you live in the neighborhood.  I would suggest going either early, or go on a weekday.  Weekday is super easy to get in and get seated.

One antidote I must mention.  I was sitting at the bar, and a homeless man was sitting next to me hurrying his plate.  I was thinking about to tell him not to hurry.  Turns out, the man was invited by the bartender to have breakfast.  That was basically human at its best.  I gave her an extra large tip just because I appreciated her gesture.  I know she would've done it with or without me and I don't know if she has to pay for the meal herself or not.  I just want to encourage her that she should continue to do that.  Mainly because, that day, not only did the man have a full meal, he was treated with dignity.  

Snooze A.M. Eatery
3217 Montrose Ave
Ste 100
Houston, TX 77006
713-574-6655
http://snoozeeatery.com/locations/houston/

No comments: