Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Totto Ramen (NYC)

When someone say Ramen, I will never say no.
We ended up at Totto Ramen.  It's a cash only place.  But in case you don't have enough, they do have an ATM at the very back by the bathroom.
Very simple menu, 6 types of noodles and add-ons.  But don't forgot to check out their daily board that has extra stuff that's not on the menu.
Got an iced green tea just to cool off.
We got the Masubi for starter.  You can taste that they marinated before hand, but I think I prefer more soy taste than theirs.
This is the Spicy Nibo Paitan.  It's chicken paitan based, which I've never had before.  I was a tad worry about the spiciness of it.  Surprisingly, it was the tastiest noodles I've had for a long time. The noodle itself is thicker than the ones in Houston you can ever find.  The pork is nice and soft.  The soup base is not what I'm used to, but it is so full of flavor.   I was just so surprised that with the spicy oil, it wasn't super spicy as I had anticipated.  Kinda glad it turned out that way and glad that we went to try it out.  It was a super nice surprise for a noodle dish.

The key about going anywhere to eat is that you have to catch before the work crowd gets out of work.  Also everywhere you go is tight, so having small party helps getting a table faster.  This place happens to be in Midtown East, and it's a few blocks away from the worker bees, so going early helped getting a seat.

Totto Ramen
Midtown East
248 E. 52nd St
Between 2nd & 3rd Ave.
New York, NY 10022
212-421-0052
http://tottoramen.com/

No comments: