Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Cha Chan Tang (NYC)

Whenever I can, if I go to NY, I try to go back to Cha Chan Tang
They have neat decor, and food is authentic enough that reminds me of home.  The whole concept of Cha Chan Teng is really you grab some good eats that is hardy and filling, so you can keep going about your day.
I don't think I knew that they serve breakfast, but if they do, I wanted to see what they have.  I was hoping they have the meal sets, like they do here in Houston.  Where they have egg, protein, and noodle with a drink set.  However, they just have a few things for starters.
Got the Hong Kong styled Milk Tea.  They do use silk stocking to pour.  Don't worry, no hosiery was harmed in the process of making this tea.  It's really a filter that they use, which due to use over time, it turned into a nude hose type color, that's why they called it silk stocking tea.
I got the Curry Beef noodles for starter.  It was really ramen noodles, with curry beef and normal soup.  The curry is really satay sauce.  But for a morning start, it will keep your tummy warm all day. Whole meal doesn't even cost me $10.

I would recommend if you go to get a seat further back.  They have a very neat teacup wall, and a light fixture that is made out of bottles.  The bottles are Vitasoy drink.  It's neat because growing up, you can drink those bottle (in glass) cold or they would heat it up warm in the Winter.  Super neat.  There's also a history of the Cha Chan Tang, as well.  Remember to bring cash, they do not accept charge cards.

Cha Chan Tang
45 Mott St
between Pell & Bayard
New York, NY 10013
212-577-2888
http://chachantangnyc.com


No comments: