Monday, October 28, 2019

Nola Brasserie

Was at a conference in downtown Dallas.  It has become such a happening place, people everywhere.
I ended up at Nola Brasserie, I was hoping to have some gumbo anyway.  A very nice comfort food.
Truffle fries?  Twist my arm.  I wouldn't say no to crispy fries drizzled with truffle oil and parmesan cheese.  Yes please!
Here's my Gumbo, which has dark roux with chicken, andouille sausage, and a scoop of rice.  That was just enough rice to be honest.  The 2 little balls were crawfish fritters, but sadly they were tasteless, much like a badly done hush puppies, so I just forgo that so I can save the calories for the fries.

They are actually a subsidiary of Marigny in New Orleans proper, which is very much on the maps for NOLA.
It is a very perspective being so close to the Reunion Tower and not as a resident but a semi-tourist.  Downtown has added more hip bars and eateries and it's not just catering to the working folks anymore, they are also catering to bar-goers, which makes parking I the area a definite challenge.

Nola Brasserie
1201 Main Street
Dallas, TX 75202
496-972-1820
http://www.nolabrasserie.com

No comments: