Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Fig & Olive - NYC

Went to meet a colleague for dinner.
I know they have Fig & Olive in Houston too, but let's see how it's different in NYC.  For sure, space is a big difference.  Here in New York, you really cannot be any bigger in size because the restaurants literally squeeze you in there like sardines.  I was just worried that my purse will knock someone out.
 Started off with the Peach Sangria, which has peach liqueurr, elderflower liqueur, hint of orange and chardonnay.
As you sit down, they bring you some bread and olive oil.  All 3 are different, original, lavender, and orange.  My favorite is the orange one.
 Here's our share plates, we shared 6 different kinds of Crostinis.  We got (L-R): Burrata with tomato and pesto, Proscuitto with olive, ricotta and walnut, Forest Mushroom with Truffle and artichoke, Manchengo with Fig and Marcona almond, and Smoked Salmon with creme fraiche.
 For entree, under the advisement of our server, I got the Chilean Sea Bass with garlic, some potato and some greens.  Pretty light and easy going since we went heavy on the appetizers.
For the dessert, since we can't make up our minds, we did the Tastings.  (Top L clockwise)Pot de Creme, Chocolate Obsession (chocolate cake with raspberry sauce), Green Apple and Orange sober with olive oil, and Crunchy Praline.

I will say that the Crunchy Praline is my favorite.  I wouldn't mind having a bigger version of that.  The Chocolate Obsession would be my second favorite.  The Pot de Creme was too creamy, the sorbet just wasn't my jam.  

Overall, the service there is great.  I'm sure the servers that work in the area by the offices know that they can make good money.  Not to mention this location is right by 5th Avenue tons of money goes thru daily.   As all New York City places goes, if they are any decent, you should make a reservations well in advance.  If not, you're really trying your luck. 

Fig & Olive - NYC
10 East 52nd St (by 5th Ave)
New York, NY 10022
212-319-2002
https://www.figandolive.com/location/fig-and-olive-nyc-fifth-avenue/

No comments: