Monday, November 11, 2019

Luke's - Plaza Hotel Food Hall

Ended up in NYC for work, and you know me, I'll definitely maximize my time there for food.
 
A must for me, Lobster Roll.  Since I won't making it down to Chelsea Market, Food Hall will have to do.
 They are located under the Plaza Hotel on 59th & 5th, before Central Park begins.  They have a side entrance for the food hall.
 They have Lobster, Crab, or Shrimp rolls, or you can do the Trio.  They also do various combos, like with chips or soup, with drinks and stuff.  One thing I didn't get to try, nor will I, is the Caviar Lobster Roll which is $45.
 So, here's my combo for $21.
 My lobster roll, nice and fresh lobster, in a warmed, toasted butter buns.  They are generous on the lobster they give you and if you want your own tail with no bread, it can just be $5 per tail.  So, if you want to add, or minus the bread, you can definitely do that.  Of course, I opted for a bag of chips.
For drinks, I got Luke's Blueberry Lemonade with honey.  The honey isn't making it sweet as much as making it neutral.  It actually wash down nicely.
So, in case you're not familiar with the Plaza Hotel, it has been many a backdrop for various movies and TV shows.  Two came to mind, where Katie & Hubbell met each other after many years of separation and of course, the very similar scene where Carrie ran into Big with the new chick, and repeating the same line Katie said to Hubbell.  

By the way, many tours chose their meeting point there too, so it's easy to find.  If walking is not your thing, there are a lot of rent-a-bike right outside of the hotel.  

Of course, the hotel is most notable for the tea at the Palm Court.  Make sure you make reservation for that.  If not, the Food Hall is right underneath the hotel with variety of food waiting for you.

The Plaza Food Hall
Fifth Ave at Central Park (59th)
New York, NY 10019
https://www.theplazany.com/dining/the-plaza-food-hall/

No comments: